The life of a teenager is tough, really tough, and as people go through puberty the desire to escape from reality is strong. Think about how hard life as a teenager is, especially in today’s modern world with the pressure to do well in school, make friends, look good, and of course all this while puberty is making those few years extremely uncomfortable for your body. The pressure placed upon a teenager by society and their peers’ means that the majority of teens explore many ways of escaping from reality, from reading to watching TV, but with the rise of easy access online many now find that the internet provides the perfect escape.
The internet is still in its infancy and this generation of teens are among the first to have grown up with constant access to the online world. This offers teens a whole new way to escape from the trials and tribulations of going through puberty, something none of the preceding generations had. For example, playing a MMO game provides the perfect opportunity to create a new persona and act out a fantasy that is far from the reality of everyday life. Doing this is no different to previous generations creating a fantasy world in their back gardens and pretending to be an astronaut or a princess.
Although playing games online or using social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter can provide a way to forget about life for a little while, these can also have their pitfalls. Playing a MMO game online can become quite tiresome after a while and can be a very one dimensional way of having fun online. Similarly, social media sites can be the perfect escape from your family and a great way to communicate with friends, but when going on Facebook or Twitter you will still come into contact with people you know. This isn’t truly escaping from reality and so now teens are exploring new ways in which they can forget about life for a little while.
When teens want to escape, they want somewhere they can be anonymous, have fun, flirt and explore their personalities. There is a service which provides this and it is currently on the rise. That thing is random cam sites. Using a random cam site provides all the ingredients needed to escape the drudgery of everyday life experienced by teens and these sites are becoming increasingly popular. More and more teens are using these sites as a fun way to meet new people, express their views freely and interact with people from all over the world.
When you see how popular random cam sites are becoming, sites such as Chatrandom have 60,000 users online at any given time, it is easy to see why teens are using them to escape from reality. It is the simplicity of these sites which is attracting more and more teens. They simply navigate to the random cam site, allow access to their webcam, press start and they are chatting to a random stranger. It is the perfect arena for an unpopular teen to recreate themselves and gain confidence or a teen who is feeling pressure from exams to share a laugh with a stranger. Teens are always seeking a new and easy way to escape reality and random cam sites are providing it.
Chatroulette changed the virtual world back in 2009 when it launched one of the most unique ways to meet strangers on the internet. Since then it has failed miserably, but hundreds of other video chat sites saw the light of day. I want to take some time to share with you all the top 5 online video chat destinations so that you can only get the best experience for meeting random strangers.
- The number 1 spot goes to none other than the largest Chatroulette alternative on the web; Chatrandom.com. Chatrandom is one of the oldest Chatroulette alternatives and the many years of experience show through the amazing features this site has to offer. With cam girls, gay cams, group chat and much more, you’ll never have a dull moment while using Chatrandom.
- Omegle is another huge Chatroulette alternative which truly deserves the 2nd spot on our top 5 online video chat destinations list. This site has been around for a long time and it even gives you the ability to search for random strangers according to interests. If you want to meet targeted strangers in a random manner, Omegle is a great place to do so. With many years of existence, this site now has thousands of users online at any given moment.
- The 3rd spot on our list of top 5 online video chat destinations goes to a newer video chat site; Sexchatster.com. Sexchatster is exactly what it sounds like; a sex video chat site. If you’re addicted to video chat sites and would like to have some virtual adult fun, you’ll fall in love with Sexchatster. This site is the mecca of adult pleasures on the internet. After having your first interactive sex experience at Sexchatster, you’ll never want to go back to watching adult videos ever again!
- The 4th spot on our list goes to a G rated video chat site; Chatrad.com. This site is addictive because you don’t have to browse through tons of male genitalia on cam before finding someone to actually chat with. This site bans users that get naked or act inappropriately making it a clean, fun site. So if you’re tired of browsing through genitals on cam or even if you’re tired of getting flirted on, use Chatrad and you’ll experience video chat in a clean manner.
- Last but not least is Funyo.com. Funyo made a name for itself by becoming the first video chat site to add user profiles to the mix. This site acts as a mix between Facebook and Chatroulette because it’s a social network that is built around the random cam concept. If you want to be able to add friends to your friends list, browse through user profiles and still get to meet random strangers on cam, you’ll definitely enjoy using Funyo.com.
Roulette chat addiction is no laughing matter. Many people are consumed with online chatting. They spend countless hours pursuing different chat partners.
Chat addiction falls under the general topic of internet addiction. And although chatting addiction has not been classified as a legitimate addiction, it can be a real problem for some people. A constant online interaction may lead some to neglect the important things in life.
Do you feel that your surfing habits may be qualified as a bad habit? Following is a survey that can give you an unbiased summary of your surfing behavior:
What do you think?