Chatroulette changed the virtual world back in 2009 when it launched one of the most unique ways to meet strangers on the internet. Since then it has failed miserably, but hundreds of other video chat sites saw the light of day. I want to take some time to share with you all the top 5 online video chat destinations so that you can only get the best experience for meeting random strangers.
- The number 1 spot goes to none other than the largest Chatroulette alternative on the web; Chatrandom.com. Chatrandom is one of the oldest Chatroulette alternatives and the many years of experience show through the amazing features this site has to offer. With cam girls, gay cams, group chat and much more, you’ll never have a dull moment while using Chatrandom.
- Omegle is another huge Chatroulette alternative which truly deserves the 2nd spot on our top 5 online video chat destinations list. This site has been around for a long time and it even gives you the ability to search for random strangers according to interests. If you want to meet targeted strangers in a random manner, Omegle is a great place to do so. With many years of existence, this site now has thousands of users online at any given moment.
- The 3rd spot on our list of top 5 online video chat destinations goes to a newer video chat site; Sexchatster.com. Sexchatster is exactly what it sounds like; a sex video chat site. If you’re addicted to video chat sites and would like to have some virtual adult fun, you’ll fall in love with Sexchatster. This site is the mecca of adult pleasures on the internet. After having your first interactive sex experience at Sexchatster, you’ll never want to go back to watching adult videos ever again!
- The 4th spot on our list goes to a G rated video chat site; Chatrad.com. This site is addictive because you don’t have to browse through tons of male genitalia on cam before finding someone to actually chat with. This site bans users that get naked or act inappropriately making it a clean, fun site. So if you’re tired of browsing through genitals on cam or even if you’re tired of getting flirted on, use Chatrad and you’ll experience video chat in a clean manner.
- Last but not least is Funyo.com. Funyo made a name for itself by becoming the first video chat site to add user profiles to the mix. This site acts as a mix between Facebook and Chatroulette because it’s a social network that is built around the random cam concept. If you want to be able to add friends to your friends list, browse through user profiles and still get to meet random strangers on cam, you’ll definitely enjoy using Funyo.com.
Instachatrooms.com is a new chat room sites that blends together all of the features people want in one, easy to use site. You can get access to a wide range of features on Instachatrooms.com, and there is high potential to have a fun and enjoyable time meeting with new strangers. Depending on what you want, you can find different chat rooms that will suit your interests, and this leads to a much better experience on Instachatrooms.com
Chat room sites have been looking for ways to give a better experience to users, and one of these ways is to incorporate different aspects of chatting into one single site. This means you can browse the site and find people who are interested in the same things you’re interested in. This means the connections you make with people will be more thoughtful and interesting, and you will be able to have interesting conversations with those you have things in common with. This gives you a much better experience overall, and is one of the main ways Instchatrooms.com has made strides towards improving their services.
Everyone who comes to a chatting website is looking for a different experience. Creating an integrated website design that incorporates different hobbies and interests for users is something that Instachatrooms.com did right, and shows the great deal of strides this industry is making towards better user experience.
On Instachatrooms.com you can find anything from Political Chat to Adult Chat. The opportunities are endless, and the numbers of users on the site is growing almost daily. Instachatrooms offers you:
Video Games Chat
If any one of these sounds intriguing you, you can easily try the chat room out on Instachatrooms.com. It is 100% free to use and there are no hidden fees for using the site. If you want to talk business with an interesting stranger, you’re free to do so. If your child is giving you trouble and you want to get a parents’ expert opinion, all you have to do is click on ‘Parenting Chat’ and get started. You can easily start interacting with someone cam to cam with just the click of a button. The site will directly bring you to the chat room and you will just have to allow access to your webcam and microphone.
Instachatrooms.com is focused on creating a great user experience, and shows great potential in the cam industry. With such a wide range of different options for fun conversations, Instachatrooms.com pairs people up based on what they are interested in and what they would like to talk about. This means the conversation will never run dry and you will never get bored talking to someone. Instachatrooms.com is simple to use and you can easily engage in whatever type of chat you would like. Whether you want to hook up with someone virtually, or have a conversation about a certain subject, Instachatrooms.com has something for everyone.
The original Chatroulette launched over 5 years ago was extremely popular for a short while. In fact, it became an overnight sensation which grew at an unimaginable speed. Soon the entire world was aware of this awesome new technology where you could instantly be connected with a stranger that could be half way across the globe or with someone that lives right next door to you. Chatroulette was incredibly popular, but then it slowly died off. On the other hand, the random cam industry which was created through Chatroulette is now stronger than ever before. So is the original Chatroulette already dead, or does it still experience success?
In a sense, the original Chatroulette will forever live on in our hearts. Most people think of Chatroulette when someone talks about cam sites since Chatroulette was the most mediated and popular site available. However, the original Chatroulette is on the verge of dying. At the moment of writing this article, the original version only gets about 5000 users online at any given moment. That’s incredibly small when you compare it to the roughly 60,000 users at any given time on Chatrandom.
What Caused it to Die?
Chatroulette.com shot itself in the leg by placing stupid restrictions and placing virtual boundaries on people that had just found a new type of freedom. This site grew popular due to the virtual freedom that people could have on this site; they could be someone different entirely without ever having to live with the consequences. After removing this freedom, the owner of Chatroulette.com, Andrey Ternovsky, experienced a huge drop in traffic.
New sites like Chatrandom, Omegle, FunYo and many others began forming and growing stronger than the original version. These sites slowly took all of Chatroulette’s traffic away from them and took over the industry. Today, the few people left on Chatroulette are slowly but surely moving towards the alternatives.
Chatroulette has literally given up after losing all of their traffic to their competition. It has been months since they have released any type of update and nothing has changed on the site in years. While they are not progressing at all, the competition like Chatrandom and Omegle are constantly creating new features. New sites are opening their doors every month and every time a new cam site opens, the original Chatroulette dies a little more.
Sites like Sexchatster, TopCamSites.com, Streamberry and InstaChatRooms.com are bringing new features to the mix which really hurts the original founding site. All in all, it’s fair to say that the original creator of the random cam industry is on its way out while the random cam industry as a whole is constantly rising in popularity.
2013 has been one of the best years thus far for the random cam industry. Big named sites like Chatrandom and Omegle have continued with their success along with implementations of numerous upgrades, design changes and much more. However, this doesn’t mean that you should expect any less in 2014; the following year should be an even better one for most random cam sites on the internet. Although nothing is 100% certain at the moment, here is a glimpse of what should be expected for this new year.
Laptops, smart phones and tablets have made browsing the web on the go a reality. It has become so easy to view websites and use applications from virtually anywhere in the world. However, the random cam industry has not yet become a hit for this type of mobility. Omegle is the only cam site so far that has a mobile friendly version and even that lacks several features. In fact, no cam site has yet been able to allow webcam sharing between random strangers via mobile phones or tablets. 2014 should be the year that this becomes available as many of the big cam sites like Chatrandom are currently developing such technologies.
Since the original Chatroulette launched nearly a decade ago, the amount of users on cam sites has increased every single year. 2014 will be no exception; like all previous years, the numbers are predicted to increase by as much as 50% for some sites. Milestones will be reached and record breaking amount of online users will be seen. More users online means that you get more choice when choosing who you want to talk with. You’ll have an easier time trying to find the specific type of person that you’ve been searching for online.
If you can remember back when the very first version of Chatroulette was launched, you’ll certainly know just how far these sites have come along. The first random cam sites were complicated to use, they were very slow and you often needed to fill out sign up forms. The new age random cam sites are easier than ever before and they will only increase in simplicity during 2014. Many of the online cam sites still use sign up forms to remember you and to stay in touch with you. This will become a thing of the past. This year should include added simplicity by having many of those sign up forms removed entirely and replaced with simple sign in tools such as signing in with your Facebook or Twitter accounts.